ON THE MAT RANKINGS
2021-2022 Pre-season Rankings - BOYS
November 29, 2021
1310 Meadowlake Way
Monument, CO 80132
Any reproduction of rankings MUST be approved by Tim Yount. No media agency can print beyond three deep per weight and mention of attribution must be made to Tim Yount On the Mat with my email address. Rankings cannot be sent to others w/o approval. Please, please honor this as it is a business where anything I can bring in support a massive cost line from both pure costs and sweat equity. I have kept my cost down for 28 years so that they do remain affordable for most fans of the sport. Thanks much for honoring this request.
There are some weights where we have listed two kids per school. Once those schools have official wrestle offs, we will make those adjustments. Sometimes I placed kids side by side in that situation. Other times I split them because I have data to support those movements.
• Transfers are noted; If a transfer moved to a school a few years ago, I still retain that detail for them in the description.
• All of this detail is based on coach submissions AND when absent, where I believe they will compete based on any additional level of detail I could find.
• Kids who are injured are still mentioned only if the plan is for them to return before end of season. They are NOT listed if they are not. These kids positions are also noted for this pre season team rankings but will be excluded in future submissions.
• In some situations, schools coop –for example Baca County, Sedgwick County/Fleming, County Line. But, those took place several years ago and are now just part of what we know for the state’s schools.
• My top team totals are still based on a 16-man State tournament bracket at state. I note how I do this in the team overview. I will make these team adjustments in the next few weeks.
• If you see name misspellings, please let me know. If you see stats that need to be updated, please let me know that as well. I will add that detail to my data base.
• There are a few weights where I didn’t go very deep. I would rather not rank kids who I don’t feel have proven to be recognized in rankings like this. We will add kids as they prove themselves through the course of the season.
1. Zion Mares, Pueblo County (28-16, Fr, 106, 1A) (8th Preseason nats – 113 – 2021)(20-2, So, 106, 2nd) Jr, 106;
2. Manual (Pocky) Amaro, Pueblo East (2 time city champ.) (4th Fr/So State – 106, 2021) Fr, 106;
3. James Pantoja, Windsor (15-4, 4th in Regs, Fr, 106) So, 106;